Having a purpose behind the work that you do is an essential component of success. Our guest today is Whitney Sewell, director of Life Bridge Capital and host of The Real Estate Syndication Show, who entered the world of real estate investment to free up time to spend with his family and raise capital to help others to start theirs through adoption. You’ll hear about the ‘never give up’ mindset he learned in the military, and the massive commitment involved in a real estate career, for both yourself and your family. Whitney shares his motivation to pursue real estate success and the story of how he and his wife started and grew their family through adoption, before telling us about the Life Bridge Foundation, which helps other families to do the same. We explore the benefits of the fund model and unpack the importance of understanding deal flow and your investor base, and Whitney reveals the secrets of his morning routine and recommends three life-altering reads that he has recently completed. We also touch on the value of coaching, why it is so important to research your chosen mentor before spending money on their services., and why Whitney believes that mindset is a choice, as well as what you have to gain through giving and what he attributes his success to: the Lord’s blessing over his business. We hope you join us for an inspiring conversation with an incredible force in the real estate and podcast space today!
Key Points From This Episode:
- Meet today’s guest, Whitney Sewell.
- Whitney’s background in the military and his introduction to real estate.
- His experience working as a professional horse trainer and the decision to sell the farm.
- The ‘never give up’ mindset he learnt in the military that he applies to his work today.
- The massive commitment involved in a real estate career, for yourself and your family.
- Whitney shares his vision and motivation to pursue real estate success.
- The story of how Whitney and his wife started their family through adoption.
- The purpose of the Life Bridge Foundation: to help families to adopt.
- Why Whitney considers value add multifamily as the bread and butter of Life Bridge.
- The fund that Whitney will be launching soon for a third of his investments.
- Geographical and cash flow diversification as selling points for the fund model.
- The importance of understanding deal flow and your investor base.
- Whitney’s morning routine: rising early and connecting with his wife, thinking, and reading.
- Recommended books: The Road Less Stupid by Keith Cunningham, Never Lose a Customer Again by Joey Coleman, and No Excuses! by Brian Tracy.
- Whitney’s experience with a coach and why he recommends hiring one.
- Why he suggests that you do your research before hiring a particular coach.
- How you can gain so much through giving.
- The secret to Whitney’s success: the Lord’s blessing over his business.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Whitney Sewell on Twitter
Whitney Sewell on LinkedIn
Whitney Sewell on Instagram
Whitney Sewell Email
Life Bridge Capital
The Road Less Stupid
Never Lose a Customer Again
Wild Oak Capital