When you are building a business, giving back isn’t always at the front of your mind. Chris Bettin and Christina Rinderle of Durango Land and Homes have taken a different approach; giving back to their communities is a fundamental pillar of their business, and it truly does set them apart. They are passionate not only about real estate but also about uplifting Durango and those who live there. In this episode, we get to know Chris and Christina, hear about their real estate journeys, and find out more about their company. We talk about the benefits of real estate as an investment and how the multiple opportunities for leveraging it make it such a great place to put your money. Shifting away from real estate, we hear more about their passion for giving back, both monetarily and with their time. Chris and Christina come from a place of abundance rather than scarcity and this has contributed greatly to their success. To hear more from these champions of the city of Durango, be sure to tune in today!
Key Points From This Episode:
- Get to know Chris and Christina, where they are based, and what drew them to real estate.
- How Chris started Premier Vacations Rental Group, a company he founded before Durango Land and Homes.
- Some Premier Vacations numbers; markets they’re in, their customer base, and more.
- Insights into Durango Land and Homes, which Chris and Christina took over from another group.
- Why Chris and Christina are so passionate about giving back to their community.
- What Chris and Christina have invested in and the markets they currently focus on.
- The benefits of investing in real estate as opposed to the stock market.
- The return structure of real estate and why it is a long-term investment.
- Hear about the video series Chris and Christina do called A’Round in Durango.
- Differences between commercial and residential real estate and the financing options available.
- If you are in the commercial space, you are a specialist, and you have a unique niche.
- Chris’s morning routine and what his day looks like; he sets very clear boundaries.
- What Christina’s routine looks like; it’s the opposite of Chris’s!
- The boundary Christina sets around the types of clients she works with.
- You should not be giving something up in your work; you should be gaining something.
- The value of having an abundance mindset and being giving, no matter how much you have.
- The biggest learning opportunities from Chris and Christina’s careers so far.
- Mindset tip for those starting out; learn lessons from hardships and come from a place of abundance.
- How Chris and Christina define success for themselves.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode: