On today’s episode of The Real Estate Mindset Podcast, we talk to multifamily expert, Sandhya Seshadri about leveraging the power of multifamily investment as an entry point to the real estate investment market. We talk about the nuts and bolts of syndication and the value of cutting your teeth as a limited partner before going all-in on real estate investment. Sandhya unpacks the role of tax-adjusted returns and the importance of consulting a financial expert before jumping into any decisions. She lets us in on the perils of taking a sponsor’s reputation at surface value and implores us to do the research before choosing any particular one. Lastly, we talk about mindset optimization and how a strong morning routine can set the scene for a more productive day. Sandhya encourages listeners to move at their own pace, to always prioritize persistence, and to be really careful where they invest their money. Tune in to hear the inside scoop on how to find balance and success through the tool of multifamily investment!
Key Points From This Episode:
- How the process of syndication minimizes both the ongoing administrative burdens and requisite capital contributions of real estate investment.
- The value of educating yourself by starting as a limited partner.
- The benefits of investing in real estate over the stock market beyond tax.
- What tax-adjusted returns mean for real estate investment.
- Why seeking an accountant’s perspective is imperative for guiding your investment decisions.
- The perfect sized deal to accommodate the administrative support you need without demanding an unrealistic capital investment.
- Why Dallas has a superior market and holds great promise for the future.
- Why doing your research and knowing what you are getting into is the ‘magic mustard’.
- The ethical questions surrounding acquisition fees and why they should have a minimum contribution attached to them.
- The risks of using sponsors with no asset management experience.
- Approaching your investments with as much scrutiny as you do a new appliance or car.
- Harnessing the power of self-improvement and exposing yourself to different ways of thinking.
- What a miracle morning looks like and how that enhances motivation and productivity.
- The power of persistence and staying in your own lane.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode: