In today’s episode, we are joined by Lisa Hylton who brings together busy entrepreneurs and professionals to collectively invest in tax-efficient real estate opportunities. She does this through being a fund manager who builds relationships with expert, world-class operators who are at the top of their game and she creates a fund to invest alongside them. This way, investors can come into her fund and get access to these incredible investment opportunities.
We hear how Lisa first began investing passively in real estate and how this enabled her to transition from employee to entrepreneur. We also learn what inspired her to build a business that could provide opportunities to non-institutional investors to invest in this way. She explains how her business works, why she focuses on single-asset funds, the differences between syndications and funds, and how they are structured through Lisa’s business. Tuning in, you’ll also hear about Lisa’s mindset, how she defines success, why she believes coaching is worth the investment, and what you should look for in a coach. Lisa invested in five syndications that helped her transition from employee to entrepreneur. If you are looking for a passive income or even a career leap of your own, find out how you can do the same.
Key Points From This Episode:
- An introduction to today’s guest Lisa Hylton.
- Some background into Lisa’s business and how it works.
- The difference between 506 B and C offerings.
- The difference between syndications and funds and how they are structured through Lisa’s business.
- The benefits of being in a fund versus investing directly with the operator if you have a relationship with them.
- Lisa’s role as a GP or sponsor in the deals.
- What happens in the event that she has a fund, raises the capital, and doesn’t have a deal.
- Insight into blind funds and close-ended funds.
- What Lisa gets from raising the fund and bringing in the capital instead of just investing with the sponsor.
- The CC Rules and how Lisa’s company operates within them.
- Why Lisa chose real estate and how she saw the opportunity for her business.
- How investing in five syndications helped her transition from employee to entrepreneur.
- The importance of having the right mindset and thinking differently when making these types of decisions.
- Lisa’s morning routine of journaling, meditation, and working out.
- The Magic of Surrender and other books that Lisa recommends.
- Why Lisa believes coaching is worth the investment and what she looks for in a coach.
- Lisa’s mindset tips for people starting out.
- How Lisa describes success and why she is successful.
- How you can find out more about real estate syndication through Lisa’s 7 Day Passive Investing Made Easy series.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode: