Inspired by the life she saw her father-in-law living as a real estate investor, Melissa and her husband embarked on a similar journey. Although the marriage didn’t survive, and other challenges have occurred along the way, Melissa chose to never give up on her dream, and her business is thriving! In this episode, Melissa explains the benefit of utilizing a variety of exit strategies and the importance of defining your core values before you start a company. Alongside her successful real estate business, Melissa is a coach and a mother, and the lessons she teaches to her clients and her children about mindset (some of which she shares today) will be of great value, no matter what stage of life you are in. We also discuss some of the books that have a profound impact on Melissa, and the fact that being a morning person is not a prerequisite for being successful.
Key Points From This Episode:
- How Melissa’s real estate journey began.
- The mindset that Melissa adopted early on in her real estate career which has helped her reach success.
- Changes that have occurred in Melissa’s real estate business over the years.
- Benefits of being able to utilize a range of exit strategies.
- Melissa’s experience of building a team.
- The kind of deals that Melissa takes on.
- Why it is essential that you define your core values and the culture you want to build before you start a company.
- How coaching has helped Melissa, and why she recommends it to everyone.
- Encourage, educate, empower; the foundation of Melissa’s coaching strategy.
- A group that Melissa runs for people at any stage of their real estate journey.
- You don’t have to be a morning person to be successful.
- Parallels between the lessons Melissa teaches her clients and those she teaches her children.
- Entrepreneurial paths that Melissa’s children are taking.
- Books that have inspired Melissa.
- Advice from Melissa for finding a coach.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for help when you need it; Melissa speaks from personal experience.
- Melissa shares her approach to dealing with challenging situations.
- How Melissa defines success.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode: